COVENTURED PTY LTD
(ACN 619 157 729)
Your privacy is important to us.
In this privacy notice we explain our information practices, describe the way your information is collected and used by us and provide other information to show how we comply with the:
- Australian Privacy Principles (APP) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth); and
- a copy is available at: http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/cth/consol_act/pa1988108/
- European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
In this privacy notice, personal information and personal data are used interchangeably, unless otherwise specifically mentioned.
In this privacy notice, sensitive information and sensitive personal data are used interchangeably, unless otherwise specifically mentioned.
Consent is required for CoVentured to process both types of personal data, but it must be explicitly given. Where we are asking you for sensitive personal data we will always tell you why and how the information will be used.
By consenting to this privacy notice you are giving us permission to process your personal and sensitive data specifically for the purposes identified.
You may withdraw consent at any time by contacting us directly using the contact details below.
Who are We?
CoVentured Pty Ltd (ACN 619 157 729) (CoVentured) is an Australian-based company that was incorporated to help corporations and startup companies connect so they can find opportunities for pilots, partnerships, co-creation, vendor relationships, and investment.
Company and websites within scope
The following company and website is within scope for this privacy notice:
|CoVentured Pty Ltd||www.coventured.com|
Unless specifically stated, we consider this website to be Australian-based website.
It includes personal data that is collected through our websites, by telephone and through any related social media applications.
If you are at least 16 years of age, we will presume that you have the capacity to consent to:
- providing your information and/or sensitive information to us; and
- use our websites and applications, unless we form the opinion there is something to suggest otherwise.
If you are under the age of 16 years, we require written parental consent in order for you to use our websites and applications.
Personal data – GDPR
The GDPR defines personal data as:
“any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
Sensitive Personal Data – GDPR
The following personal data is considered ‘sensitive’ and is subject to specific processing conditions:
- personal data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs;
- trade-union membership;
- genetic data, biometric data processed solely to identify a human being;
- health-related data; and
- data concerning a person’s sex life or sexual orientation.
Personal Information – APP
The APP defines personal information as any information that can be used to personally identify you. This may include (but is not limited to) your name, age, gender, postcode and contact details (including phone numbers and email addresses). If the information we collect personally identifies you, or you are reasonably identifiable from it, the information is taken to be personal information.
Sensitive Information – APP
The APP defines sensitive information as information relating to details about your race, ethnicity, politics, religious or philosophical beliefs, sexual preferences, health, genetics or criminal record.
Why does CoVentured need to collect and store personal data?
We need to collect your personal data in order for us to provide you with a service, such as:
- providing you with information that you have requested or that we think may be relevant to a subject in which you have demonstrated an interest;
- entering into and performing our contractual obligations with you for the purchase of our products and/or services;
- your use any of our applications;
- ensuring the security and safe operation of our websites and underlying business infrastructure; and
- managing any communication between you and us.
- your Internet Protocol address;
- your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions;
- operating system and platform;
- information about your visit to our websites or use of our applications, including the Uniform Resource Locators clickstream to, though, and from our site.
- safety, quality assurance and improvement activities;
- managing, monitoring, planning and evaluating our websites and applications;
- testing and maintenance of information technology systems;
- when it is reasonably necessary in order to enable us to make the websites and applications available to you;
- for the purposes of product development, research or statistical analysis;
- risk management activities (including liaising with our insurers and legal representatives);
- responding to complaints or inquiries about our activities and services;
- obtaining advice from consultants and professional advisers;
- when we are required by law; and
- as necessary to assert our rights.
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that CoVentured refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain as outlined below.
- identity and the contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how and why to process your data. In some cases, this will be a representative in the EU.
- contact details of the Data Protection Officer, where applicable.
- the purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- if the processing is based on the legitimate interests of CoVentured or a third party, information about those interests.
- the categories of personal and/or sensitive personal data collected, stored and processed.
- recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- if we intend to transfer the personal data to a third-country or international organisation, information about how we ensure this is done securely. The EU has approved sending personal data to some countries because they meet a minimum standard of data protection. In other cases, we will ensure there are specific measures in place to secure your information.
- how long the data will be stored.
- details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- how to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
- whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- the source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- writing to us at: 1/31 Darby Street Newcastle, NSW 2300